Simply possessing a machine will not increase student achievement. Our student laptops are designed to be instructional tools. We look to use them as another learning strategy to enhance students' experience.
In the 2007 posted research article from the Association of Middle Level Educators (AMLE), "under the right conditions, technology:
- Accelerates, enriches, and deepens basic skills.
- Motivates and engages students in learning.
- Helps relate academics to the practices of today's workforce.
- Increases economic viability of tomorrow's workers.
- Strengthens teaching.
- Contributes to change in schools.
- Connects schools to the world."
Technology in the classroom is also an integral part of our push toward Customized Learning. The collection, storage and analyzing of so much data can not be done without the proper soft- and hardware. We are continually seeking enticing and practical ways for students to complete individualized learning plans. This often involves finding the right website. Assistments and Google Docs are two such sites. Please feel free to reach out and inquire about technology and learning at OHMS. Our students and staff have embraced technology and are ready to have it positively impact our learning.